Position Title: Wellbeing Facilitator
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand (frequent travel in the region)
Reports To: Head of EarthRights School
Application Deadline: 29 July, 2021
EarthRights views wellbeing as part of the foundation to thriving movements and healthy relationships. In an effort to strengthen our team work, cooperation, inclusivity and programming and as a continued commitment to staff’s holistic wellbeing, EarthRights Mekong office is working with partners to provide wellbeing support and services to staff, EarthRights School students, and alumni in the region. These include group and individual wellbeing sessions, gender sensitivity training, counselling, and facilitating well being activities and practices for those learning at EarthRights School. The objective of the post is to act as a resource person and facilitator, providing holistic support to staff and students promoting consistent wellbeing and emotional resilience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead, guide and monitor all wellbeing interventions for EarthRights staff, students, alumni, and partners using relevant individual or group outcome measures.
- Lead the completion of an initial base-line wellbeing needs assessment of staff and students and work collaboratively with other implementing partners on this.
- Identify potential wellbeing services across the region and support staff, students, partners to link with these services. Build relationships with other wellbeing services throughout the region. Develop a database of supporting organisations and groups.
- Develop and maintain a trusting, professional relationship with staff, students and partners and act in a supportive and empathetic manner towards them.
- Create dedicated processes and ‘safe spaces’ for staff, alumni and defenders to give attention to their wellbeing – with a strong focus on confidentiality.
- Promote a culture of ‘collective care’ for the organization whereby staff actively support the wellbeing of others and those EarthRights work with.
- Work as part of a team to encourage staff, alumni and defenders to grow and thrive, building their confidence and enhancing their quality of life experiences.
- Provide mentorship support to the EarthRights School students in matters related to their goals and personal development.
- Deliver consistently high-quality and engaging workshops on wellbeing, counseling, self care and stress management for EarthRights School students and alumni.
- Contribute to the design of an in-class as well as digital wellbeing curriculum that is relevant for defenders, collaborate with experts from partner organizations to build meaningful experiences.
- Build clear and engaging wellbeing session plans, which can be easily understood and consistently interpreted by other trainers/facilitators.
- Promote digital inclusion so that defenders working remotely can explore the wellbeing resources and support available to them.
- Co-produce and co-deliver materials and resources in relation to wellbeing.
- Support the access to relevant support and advice from appropriate professionals where and when required.
- Work flexible hours to support the needs of staff, students, alumni and partners.
- Manage consultants as required.
- Support program management including MEL, budgeting, workplan development and strategy thinking and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in psychology or related field. Minimum 5 years of experience providing wellbeing support.
- Experience working in the field of business and human rights, environment, and/or international development focusing on private sector engagement, corporate social responsibility etc.
- Experience working with socially and culturally diverse backgrounds with attention to cross-cultural facilitating and wellbeing support for people of all identities and backgrounds.
- Experience working with human and environmental rights defenders and marginalized groups, particularly providing support to their unique wellbeing needs
- Confident in delivery of presentations to community groups with experience facilitating wellbeing activities and workshops
- Strong understanding of how gender and social inclusion issues operate at both an individual, interpersonal, and systemic level and use these understandings of power to create inclusive wellbeing initiatives and culture.
- Passionate about physical and mental health, and motivated by building an individual and community’s capacity to sustainably prioritize and address their own wellbeing needs and concerns.
- Integrates trauma-informed methodologies and techniques, especially in relation to working with situations of trauma, abuse, and harm for defenders.
- Liaise with and refer to relevant internal and external stakeholders, agencies and services. Demonstrated positive and professional attitude and a track record of building strong relationships with a wide range of local and international partners.
- A keen and passionate collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills and great emotional intelligence.·
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) is essential for this position. Other Mekong languages are highly desirable.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter describing their interest in the job along with a CV to the following email address email@example.com by 29 July, 2021. Be sure to use “Wellbeing Facilitator” as your subject line when submitting your application materials.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.