Office & Events Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
Position: Office & Events Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Finance Director
Start Date: April, 2020
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020 (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
EarthRights International is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail to provide operational, administrative and finance support to our operations and finance teams.
The Office and Events Coordinator is responsible for essential aspects of office management including ensuring high-levels of organizational effectiveness, scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supply arrangements & tracking inventory, and managing incoming/outgoing mail. Working closely with the Finance Director, this position also provides logistical support for EarthRights’ DC office’ internal & external meetings and events to ensure attendees have a positive experience. This position will also support the finance director on financial reporting and record-keeping. The coordinator should be able to build registration lists, manage room blocks, ship meeting materials and make travel arrangements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Director with email communications & correspondence and logistics.
- Manage day-to-day offices needs including front desk support, organizing office and processing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Maintain up-to-date state registrations by filing annual extensions and renewals.
- Support the Finance Director with invoice inputting, gift processing, monthly credit card reconciliation, finance data entry and bank deposits.
- Support the Global Human Resources Manager with new hire on-boarding, office set up logistics and maintenance.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Senior Leadership team as needed.
- Support the Executive Director, Deputy Director and EarthRights senior leadership on coordinating board meetings, including booking travel, coordinating meeting logistics and supplies, handling reimbursements, and other logistical and administrative support as needed.
- Support the planning and execution of internal and external EarthRights events including meeting room set up, audio/visual setup, food and beverages selection and setup. This responsibility sometimes require after-hours support.
- Manage the scheduling of monthly staff meetings and take minutes.
- Responsible for facilities coordination and building management. Maintain office supply inventory, liaise with office support vendors and serve as the first point of contact for the organization.
- Demonstrated work experience for at least two years in an office environment (full-time employment or relevant internship).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, Salesforce and G-Suites.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines and to handle several projects at one time.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Background in human rights, environmental, international, and/or development issues (either through education, volunteer, or work/internship experience).
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to present information concisely and effectively to a variety of audiences.
- United States (Required)
- Employer-sponsored medical insurance (dependent coverage available)
- 100% employer paid dental and vision insurance coverage (dependent coverage available)
- 14 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave for eligible employees
- 15 days of vacation & 9 sick days per year
- 12 paid federal holidays; office closed from December 24 – January 1
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Generous employer non elective retirement contribution
- Employee wellness benefits and transportation benefits
- A casual and fun work environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: “Office & Events Coordinator” by February 28, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.