Alumni Engagement Program Coordinator
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Position Title: Alumni Engagement Program Coordinator
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand (Regional travel may be required)
Reports To: Head of Earth Rights School
Application Deadline: 2 April, 2021
Reporting to the Head of EarthRights School(ERS) the Alumni Engagement Coordinator is a newly created position that will be responsible for supporting the launch and growth of the EarthRights’ alumni program and creating a network of inspired, engaged, and involved alumni. The coordinator will work in partnership with all program teams to support the development of a comprehensive and impactful alumni program that connects, builds and supports alumni in a sustainable way for the future. The Coordinator will support the development and management of the overall strategic plan for alumni engagement in the Mekong Region, including the creation of various support initiatives (i.e. safety and security, training, information sharing), and events that build community, extend the EarthRights experience, and engage alumni driving change. This position is based in Chiang Mai with our partner organization and requires frequent travel to remote locations within the region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with EarthRights alumni and lead the co-design and implementation of an alumni engagement program in the Mekong region.
- Support the establishment of a feasible and sustainable alumni convening/engagement platform.
- Support the establishment and growth of EarthRights’ database of alumni.
- Develop and deliver the alumni needs assessment and design appropriate interventions based on this.
- Maintain an e-list to alert alumni of upcoming events, trainings, advocacy, funding, internships or employment opportunities, and enable alumni to communicate with each other.
- Provide support to Mekong alumni and their community members to identify and coordinate campaign events throughout the Mekong region
- Work closely with the communications manager to develop targeted communication strategies for alumni to include email, print, social media, and other channels.
- Promote the alumni program internally and externally.
- Support the management of the alumni engagement budget, allocating resources to address strategic priorities.
- Assist in providing alumni and their community members the opportunity to voice their collective concerns about negative impacts from development projects
- Arrange opportunities for alumni to meet successive years of ERS-Mekong graduates through joint campaigns and collaborative projects
- Provide information to alumni about the small grants program, its goals and objectives. Assist in the management and administration of these projects.
- Meet with Mekong/Myanmar Team to evaluate small grant proposals and award small grants to selected alumni, and ensure alumni submit final reports
- Provide assistance to alumni in developing and strengthening grant proposals and reports
- Assist in facilitating connections between potential funders and alumni, and when possible, help to arrange funding meetings
- Assist in setting up periodic training programs to provide alumni and their community members with opportunities to improve their skills and be exposed to current information
- Attend meetings with partner groups to keep abreast of emerging issues in the region, provide updates and information about the Mekong School program, and recruit new guest presenters and students for the coming year
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years of experience designing and implementing human rights and environmental rights programs aimed at defenders and activists and a sound understanding of the sociopolitical and economic contexts, risks and mitigation options in Southeast Asia
- Experience developing and facilitating networks. Knowledge of and links to existing networks in the region
- Ability to synthesize complex information into understandable formats for multiple audiences especially for local communities, businesses and government stakeholders
- Experience developing and delivering training using various learner centered methodologies including new technologies
- Strong research and analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze policies, laws etc.
- Strong understanding of gender and social inclusion issues and their integration into programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and professional attitude and a track record of building strong relationships with a wide range of local and international partners
- Experience with Information Technology (IT) and in developing and delivering digital security initiatives to increase security for activists and defenders
- Ability to communicate in English (written and spoken) and fluency in at least one other Mekong language.
- Experience working in culturally diverse settings and ability to travel in the region.
- Experience with the management of grant proposals and report writing and MEL.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter describing their interest in the position along with a CV to the following email address email@example.com by 2 April, 2021. Be sure to use “Alumni Engagement Coordinator” as your subject line when submitting application materials.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.