Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Yangon, with field travel
Reports To: Myanmar Operations Manager
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020
EarthRights International is a non-governmental, non-profit organization that combines the power of law and the power of people in defense of human rights and the environment, which we define as “earth rights.” A key part of who we are organizationally is our three-pronged approach to making change: training of community and legal activists, strategic legal work in defense of human rights and corporate accountability, and campaigns to promote systemic governmental and corporate policy change. Our work in Myanmar focuses on climate justice and accountability, EarthRights Defenders and corporate accountability.
Reporting to the Myanmar Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide logistical and administrative support to the Myanmar team. This position will manage and supervise the office cleaner and assist the Operations Manager with operation support. The position is based in Yangon, with travels to project area upon request.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for administrative duties such as correspondence, answering phones, monitoring office inventory, filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Maintain and manage the petty cash/ cash book.
- Support the Operations Manager with procurement such as collecting quotations, listing office supply needs and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Arrange and contact repair shops for servicing for all office equipment need repairs.
- Book travel and logistic arrangement and ensure promptness.
- Assist with money withdrawal and transfer upon request.
- Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Manage and supervise the office cleaner and ensure that office environment is clean.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other administrative and logistical duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years administrative and finance assistant experience, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures and ability to implement standard office procedures, policies and practices.
- Basic computer skills such as using email, MS Office, Excel, etc.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a diverse team, and be able to prioritize work.
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter describing their interest in the position along with a CV to [email protected] by 10 February, 2020. Be sure to use “Administrative Assistant” as your subject line when submitting application materials.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.