Location: Washington, DC
Position Title: Executive Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
EarthRights International, a non-governmental, non-profit organization that combines the power of law and the power of people in defense of human rights and the environment, seeks an Executive Coordinator to join our global operations team. The Executive Coordinator is integral to the smooth functioning of the organization and internal communications. The coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director (ED) with all administrative issues and coordinating specific activities for the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) based in Washington D.C.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative and executive assistant support to the Executive Director.
- Assist the ED with appointment scheduling, email communication, and expense reports.
- Assist the ED with communication between Funder, Individual donor, Board member and EarthRights staff and all other communication as needed.
- Support ED in material preparation for conference presentations, speaking engagements, donor events, webinar and meetings.
- Handle logistical details for special events, coordinate small events in communication with the Development team.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including logistics, visas, and itineraries for the DC based members of the SLT.
- Support coordination of external events and bi-annual board meetings.
- Process and prepare expense reports for travel and logistics.
- Contact technical specialists for IT and building maintenance for repairs.
- Maintain/update data systems including Salesforce, Meltwater, Google Office, and shared drive files.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in business, sociology, psychology or related field preferred but not a requirement
- Experience working in a global non-profit organization preferred but not a requirement
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete projects on time and manage deadlines
- Ability to thrive in diversity and drive complex projects
- Basic-IT maintenance skills
- Detail oriented with project management skills
- Proficiency in Spanish, Thai and/or Burmese desired but not a requirement
- United States (Required)
- Employer-sponsored medical insurance (dependent coverage available)
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision insurance coverage (dependent coverage available)
- 14 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave for eligible employees
- 15 days of vacation & 9 sick days per year
- 12 paid federal holidays; office closed from December 24 – January 1
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Generous employer non-elective retirement contribution
- Employee wellness benefits and transportation benefits
- A casual environment
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 11, 2021. Be sure to use “Executive Coordinator” as your subject line when submitting application materials.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.